A complete immigration solution is one of the important issues facing our country today. And there is a clear, workable, fair and comprehensive solution set that has been ignored for decades. Why? Some groups want illegals flooding in to get voters, others want the same illegals for cheap labor.
(N. B. With the weekly first Revolution 2.0™ YouTube video posted November 4th, and the podcasts continuing into their 4th year, this space is now a summary, more like my speaker’s notes, pointing to both the audio podcasts and the videos.)
I want a complete immigration solution. I don’t want open borders. No nation can exist for any length of time like that. And I don’t want to be the State of America in the United Nations of the World. What I do want is a secure, prosperous, welcoming America; an America that can continue to be attractive to and lead the way for the rest of the world. Here’s how we get to a complete immigration solution:
- First, secure our borders. Stop using the term “wall.” We don’t need a wall everywhere; technology, human observation and intervention, and natural boundaries will be very effective.
- Insist that employers use E-verify prior to hiring. No more paying illegals an under market wage, and under the table.
- Use technology to track those who overstay their visas; by most accounts some 50% of those who are here illegally have simply overstayed their visas.
- Create a path to citizenship for those who are here illegally. Put them behind those who came here legally. And no voting; that’s a bridge too far for anyone who snuck in.
- Allow in a generous number of legal immigrants every year based on 1. Merit–who we want–and 2. People who need to be here, regardless of what they can contribute. It seems like an 80/20 mix of merit and need is about right with 1.5M-2M per year. Today; 1M legal and .5-1M illegal.
=========================== CONNECT WITH ME: =========================== YOUTUBE: Subscribe here – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5C…
WEBSITE: https://revolution2-0.org E-MAIL: Will@Revolution2-0.org
APPLE PODCAST: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast…
GOOGLE PODCAST: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0…
…and now, YouTube.
Revolution 2.0’s mission is to deliver on the promissory note and continue the founding direction that, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” The core, driving principles at Revolution 2.0, are: 1. Personal Responsibility – Take it, teach it. 2. “Be Your Brother’s Keeper” – Taking care of one another. I’m Will Luden, the creator and host of Revolution 2.0. We do not advocate for people or parties here—we advocate for principles and policies. Those that include having a moral compass, searching for, and implementing common goals, and using a combination of facts and unbiased, agenda-free reasoning. Today, you and I have an equally unique and exceptional role to play in continuing to move America forward.
This is Will Luden. We’ll talk again soon.